Dr. Pavel Lurje
Head of the Sector of Central Asia, the Caucasus and Crimea, Senior Research Fellow of the Oriental Department of the State Hermitage Museum.
Education and Scholarly Career:
- Oriental Faculty of St. Petersburg State University (History of Iran and Afghanistan) (1998);
- Practice in Iran (1999—2000);
- PhD Program at the Institute of Oriental Manuscripts, Russian Academy of Sciences (Thesis “Historical and Linguistic Analysis of Sogdian Toponymy”, 2004);
- Practice at the Institute of Iranian studies Austrian Academy of Sciences (2004—2009);
- Since 1994 involved in ethnographic and archaeological expeditions in Central Asia.
Iranian linguistics, Central Asian languages, onomastics, Central Asian antiquities, historical geography and toponymy, language, history, archaeology, culture, art of Sogdiana and adjacent areas.
The State Hermitage