MAE (Kunstkamera), RAS, St. Petersburg, Russia
Notes on Xiaoshuo: Zhang Shi's Novel Liu hong ji and Its Origin
Abstract. The present article is a part of a large ongoing research project titled “A Brief History of Chinese Xiaoshuo Prose of the 1st—13th Centuries”and is devoted to one of the popular Song chuanqi novels Liu hong ji (“流紅記”, “The Record of a Drifting Red Leaf”) by Zhang Shi (張實, 11th century), which is extant as part of the Liu Fu's collection (劉斧, ca. 1020? — after 1100) titled Qing suo gao yi (“青瑣高議”, “Lofty Judgements by the Palace Gate”), and to the material that the novel was based on.
Keywords: Old Chinese prose, Song chuanqi novel, Liu hong ji, Zhang Shi
Acknowledgments. The article was prepared as part of the research under the RFBR grant “The History of Chinese Narrative Prose: Stories of Supernatural of 10th—13th centuries” No. 18‑012‑00094.
- Cheng, Yi‑zhong (1999), Song Yuan xiaoshuo yanjiu [Studies of Song and Yuan Xiaoshuo Prose], Nanjing: Jiangsu guji chubanshe.
- Li, Jian‑guo (2018), Songdai zhiguai chuanqi xulu [Notes on Xiaoshuo About Supernatural and Chuanqi Novel of Song Dynasty], Beijing: Zhonghua shuju.a
- Li, Yuan (2003), “Liuye qiangu zongqian qing” [“The leaf, that bears feelings since olden times, drifting on the water”], Yindu xuekan, No. 1, pp. 85—88.
- Liu, Fu (1983), Qing suo gao yi [Lofty Judgements by the Palace Gate], Shanghai: Shanghai guji chubanshe.
- Tai ping guang ji (1959), [Records of the Taiping Era], Li, Fang et al. (eds.), vols. 1—5, Beijing: Renmin wenxue chubanshe.
- Wu, Zhi‑da (2007), Zhongguo wenyan xiaoshuo shi [The History of Xiaoshuo Prose on Classical Language], Jinan: Qilu shushe.
- Yu, Xiang‑shun (2001), “Hong ye bian” [“What kind of wood was the red leaf”], Wenxue yichan, No. 2, pp. 129—130.
- Zhang, Zhuo (2012), “Chao ye qian zai” [“The hole collection of news about the court and provinces”], in: Zhang, Zhuo, Cao ye qian zai; Fan, Shu, Yun xi you yi, Shanghai: Shanghai guji chubanshe.
- Zhang, Zhenjun & Wang, Jing (2017), Song Dynasty Tales: A Guided Reader, Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co.
Received by the Editorial Board: 01.10.2019